Nov 22, 2014

Epik High mentioned Taeyang in a recent Interview



Excerpt from Epik High’s interview with IZM:
Q. You and Taeyang fit very well together since ‘Tomorrow’. Mithra, what do you think of Taeyang?
Mithra: I of course recognize his musicality, and outside of music, he is always prepared. His energy is good. He brings up people around him when he is featured.
Tablo: Prior to his abilities, Taeyang the person himself suits well with music. For 11 years of my musical career, I’ve met a lot of musicians, and it was my first time to see a person that feels creation as 100% happiness. I reflected on myself when I worked on ‘Tomorrow’ with him. The sighs I breathed out when I was making music, and the frustration when there was an error and the record was lost, those past moments came cross my mind. We’re people whose dreams came true, yet we don’t appreciate or live every moment of our lives happily. I pitied myself for thinking of work as an appointed task.
Taeyang truly loves music. It took him 4 years to produce his last album. It only has 9 tracks, but there are around 14-15 songs that I worked with him. When you include all other producers, it sums up to 60 tracks, and there are around 30 mixed tracks as well. You could release a triple CD with that number. He’s a Korean Tupac. (All Laughs) Even in a situation where his album was delayed and couldn’t be put into completion very well, he never lost his smile. I like that energy. Thanks to Taeyang, we’re now like that too. We learned how to appreciate and enjoy the times even when things didn’t go well as hoped.

Translated by: @xxxibeunjn

No comments:

Post a Comment