Nov 29, 2010

Shaun Evaristo about Big Bang on GQ Magazine



Q: Among the musicians you’ve choreographed for, who was the most impressive? In what aspects do you rate them highly?
Shaun Evaristo (Movement Lifestyle): G-Dragon and Taeyang. G-Dragon is a born entertainer with diverse talents, like acting, producing and rap. With such talents, he absorbed choreography with ease as well. With Taeyang, though I coached him in dance, our relationship has already passed that of teacher and student. He’s a friend, or, rather, you can say I’m a fan of Taeyang. His attitude toward learning and practicing dance is incomparable.

Q: If you were to pick a choreo that you were really satisfied with, but which didn’t get the public response that you’d hoped for?
SE: I would pick Taeyang’s “Where U At.” I think it’s because the moves don’t grab you immediately and were somewhat difficult to follow/learn.

Q: What’s the difference between choreographing for a solo artist and for a group?
SE: I personally favor solo. While making the choreography, I become the musician, and sometimes the musician becomes me. I enjoy that. It’s not easy choreographing for a group. You have to make sure that the members’ individuality doesn’t get buried in the group. For instance, with Big Bang each member has his own personality, so I have to make sure it remains alive within the group.

Q: If you were to pick one “Dance King” and one “Dance Queen” among the Korean musicians?
SE: Dance Queen is Boa. I really like her music, and I’d love to have a chance to work with her. I’ve even thought of a different concept for her. 2NE1’s Minzy would be like the Dance Princess. She has talent at a young age, but she’s humble and has great potential. Dance King is Taeyang. My friends in America call him “Tae-Daddy.” They believe he’s going to do big things not only in Korea, but also internationally.

Park Nam-Yong (JYP Head Choreographer): Bi. Would anyone think otherwise? I don’t know about a female musician.
Jeon Hong-Bok (Dance Team “Yama” Leader): For male, Taeyang. For female, I want to pick After School’s Gahee. I’ve heard that Taeyang practices constantly. He doesn’t have a big build, and yet he completely owns the stage. I think long arms are a big advantage. I worked with Gahee when she was a young dancer, and even then she stood out. Her moves are clean and powerful at the same time.

UUHHHHH!!!! He is TAEYANG's FAN!!!! Who isn't??? OUR BABYY WILL STAY THE BEST IS EVERYTHING!!!!! It's sooo good to see that Shaun is supporting our sunshine sooo much!!! HWAIITIIING!!!

TAEYANG always VIP*.*

No comments:

Post a Comment